GPA strives to be a key player in the development of the hydrogen industry in Australia. We have experience across a diverse portfolio of hydrogen projects, from regulatory and technical reviews, decarbonisation and feasibility studies to consulting and detailed design.
GPA understands that the energy market is under transformation, the wide spread adoption of renewable generation and decarbonisation targets create urgency in developing sustainable energy solutions.
Hydrogen as a fuel offers great potential and GPA strive to be at the forefront of the hydrogen industry within Australia. We understand the benefits this sustainable energy source can offer for Australia and the world.
Our team has expert understanding of Australia’s gas and power distribution networks, with direct involvement in current hydrogen industry projects, Australian Standards and research and development. We are well equipped to advise clients on a range of current issues such as renewable energy and gas integration, the impact of emerging industries and technology for hydrogen storage and manufacture, as well as hydrogen electrolysis and fuel cells.
The GPA team combines technical expertise with a methodical engineering approach to deliver hydrogen consulting services, incorporating research and industry involvement. GPA are an active contributor to the Future Fuels CRC and are part of the Standards Australia working group for the development of technical standards for hydrogen technologies. We have authored reports, which are part of and were referenced in the National Hydrogen Strategy and are a member of HySafe (The International Association for Hydrogen Safety).
- Electrolysis systems - proton exchange membrane (PEM) and alkaline
- Fuel Cells - proton exchange membrane (PEM), alkaline, solid oxide
- Power to Gas Facilities
- Hydrogen refuelling stations, Hydrogen storage recharging stations
- Hydrogen Tube Trailer, vessel and metal hydride storage
- Hydrogen injection systems and natural gas blending
- Hydrogen custody transfer systems
- High pressure compression for hydrogen storage
- Hydrogen transmission pipeline design
- Hydrogen embrittlement and material compatibility
- Hydrogen facility design, modelling and quantitative risk assessment
- Hydrogen Blast and radiation modelling
- Assessment of the impacts of the introduction of hydrogen to current markets
- Regulatory impacts and analysis
- Hazardous area classification and compliance
GPA was engaged by the South Australian Government and Future Fuels CRC on behalf of COAG Energy Council to prepare the first kickstart report for the “Gas networks” working group, the report provided recommendations for the National Hydrogen Strategy. The project reviewed the technical and regulatory impacts for all Australian states of injecting 10% hydrogen into their natural gas distribution networks.
GPA hydrogen consulting services have designed and specified several facilities utilising hydrogen. We have experience applying a variety of technologies including Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) electrolysers, hydrogen generators, high pressure hydrogen refuelling, low, medium and high pressure storage in vessels and pipelines, as well as the injection of hydrogen or hydrogen blends into the gas distribution network.