Materials Handling & Processing
GPA has extensive experience working on a variety of materials handling and materials processing projects. Our engineering solutions prepare materials for various industry applications, as well as transporting materials to desired locations.
GPA provide services to several process industries, including water, oil & gas, manufacturing cement, chemical, mineral processing (including Uranium, Zinc, Copper and Lead), food & beverage, waste management and pharmaceutical.
With a broad knowledge of industrial operations throughout Australia, GPA ensure client performance goals are met with practical real-world solutions.
Our materials handling experience is used for applications in the mining, mineral processing and bulk grain handling sectors, specialising in conveyors, bulk loading, terminals and storage. We have completed projects in a range of environments from mine sites to ports.
Our people have expertise in, and advise on:
- conceptual and feasibility studies
- strategic planning
- front end engineering design
- detailed design
- project, procurement, and construction management
- operations support
- asset management including useful life assessment
- Burner management systems
- Safety instrumented systems
- Type B compliance
- Electrical shutdown loop design
- HV/LV electrical supply & distribution
- Power generation & steam systems
- Fire systems
- Storage tanks
- Pumps, valves and piping for liquids, gases, steam and slurries
- Instrumentation: analytical, flow, pressure, temperature
- Fans/ductwork for plant cooling, hygiene and off-gas scrubbing systems
- Heating/cooling systems for gas and liquid
- Bulk material handling equipment
- Lift studies, crane/lifting equipment specification
- Bulk loading/unloading, storage, road/rail transport, pipelines & pumping facilities
- Processing plant design, including debottlenecking and plant optimisation analysis
- Integrity management planning
- Wet processing & beneficiation
- Water treatment facilities
- Gas train modification
- Steady-state, transient and dynamic process modelling
- Process flow-sheet and design development
- Mass and energy balances
- Mechanical/structural integrity and fatigue analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Chemical dosing & flocculent preparation
- Instrumentation & process control systems
- Safety systems & risk management
- PLC & SCADA implementation
- Condition and useful life assessment of facilities
GPA have comprehensive experience to assist with asset management, assessment condition and risk assessment. We regularly advise on plant optimisation to increase plant productivity, boost reliability and reduce operating costs.
GPA has performed asset condition and optimisation studies for number of clients across a range of applications and disciplines such as: power systems, energy management, control system and processing plant optimisation, pipe work and pressure vessels, tanks, structural assessments in addition to safety critical system, such as burner and boiler management studies and risk assessments.
GPA performs facility process modelling for greenfield and brownfield plants to provide sizing, debottlenecking, optimisation, heat recovery and efficiency improvements for gas, liquids and multiphase systems. We use static and dynamic simulation of the process to ensure the viability, stability and safety of the system.
GPA’s unit operations knowledge includes separations systems design, distillation, water treatment and heat transfer, and fluid dynamics, our well rounded experience ensures cost effective specifications and designs are provided.