Mining & Minerals
GPA has extensive experience across mining engineering and mineral processing, specialising in smelting, wet processing applications and brownfield services for more than 30 years.
Our mining engineering team delivers single disciplinary projects through to large multidisciplinary developments for either greenfield or brownfield operations. We have the skills, resources and know how to design entire processing plants, satellites and facilities.
GPA provide solutions for the extraction and processing of iron ore, copper, zinc, lead, silver, uranium and precious metals, specialising in cost effective solutions for a high volume of small to medium sized projects on brownfelid sites.
Our mining engineering and mineral processing expertise covers a full range of services, including:
- conceptual and feasibility studies
- strategic planning
- front end engineering design
- detailed design
- project, procurement and construction management
- commissioning and operations support
- asset management.
- De-bottlenecking and plant optimisation analysis
- Process flow-sheet and design development
- Mass & energy balances
- Modular / transportable packaged plant and equipment
- Slurry pipelines and sludge processing
- Safety instrumented systems
- HV / LV MCC design, specification and assessment
- Power transmissions: couplings, drives, gearboxes
- Lift studies, crane / lifting equipment specification
- AS4041 / ASME B31.3 piping of all materials for liquids, gases, steam and slurries
- Pumps / valves for liquids & slurries
- Fans / ductwork
- Evaporators, dryers, kilns and concentrators
- Tank & tank accessories design
- Tanker load-in & load-out facilities
- Pressure vessel sizing, design, inspection
- Pond sizing and design, bunds
- Heating / cooling systems for gas & liquid: heat exchangers, cooling towers, gas fired water bath heaters, waste heat recovery
- Solid / liquid separation: hydro-cyclones, centrifuges, decanters, thickeners, clarifiers
- Bulk material handling equipment: bins, hoppers, conveyors, grinding mills and crushers
- Water treatment facilities: De-mineralisation, MF,UF andRO
- Steel and concrete assessments
Nyrstar Process Control System
GPA are responsible for designing, supplying, installing and commissioning a state-of-the-art Siemens PCS7 PCS/DCS Hybrid system for the Process Control System Upgrade at Nyrstar Port Pirie Smelter. This is one of the largest control systems operating in Australia and a challenging mining engineering role to undertake.
GPA utilises extensive mining engineering and operational experience to provide integrity and reliability over the asset life cycle. GPA work with clients from conceptual design and feasibility through to asset end of life or life extension for a range of mineral processing facilities and infrastructure.