In 1998, GPA undertook its first major high pressure natural gas pipeline project. Since then, we have been designing and building pipeline and compressor projects across Australia.
We have delivered engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) engineering services on major pipelines across the country including:
• Palm Valley
• Owen Springs Lateral
• Pine Gap Lateral
• Dingo Pipeline
• SESA, Mortlake
• SEA Gas
• Moomba to Adelaide Pipeline System (MAPS).
We have extended capabilities in, and can assist with design of: CSG gathering networks, two phase pipelines, liquid hydrocarbon pipelines, sulphuric acid pipelines, CO2 and LPG pipelines, water and slurry pipelines.
- Compression & gathering systems design
- Pipeline facility design (power generation, scraper stations, regulator stations, main line valves)
- Liquid & gas custody transfer metering & measurement systems
- Control system design
- Pipeline SCADA and communications systems & networks
- Line-break systems design
- Leak detection system design & specification
- Transient, steady state & pipeline network modelling
- Pipeline, compressor & facility debottlenecking & optimisation
- Spoolable composite, GRE, PE pipelines design & specification
- Regulatory compliance auditing & operational support
- Safety management studies, updates & reviews
- Flow enhancer, biocide, inhibitor Injection systems
- Hazardous area plume dispersion modelling, designation & audits
- Fracture control plans
- Pipeline integrity management plans.
Jemena selected GPA to design the 623 km $800 million pipeline from Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory to Mt Isa in Queensland. This project has the potential to drive commercial exploration and development of NT gas reserves to meet the demand from the east coast gas market.
GPA is an active member of the Australian Pipeline and Gas Association (APGA). We also participate in, and contribute to, various research projects as part of the Energy Pipelines Cooperative Research Centre (EPCRC). Our involvement is to ensure we contribute to research and remain at the leading edge of pipeline knowledge.