GPA has extensive experience delivering complex power transmission and distribution projects across the heavy industry sectors.
We offer a full range of services including:
- conceptual and feasibility studies
- strategic planning
- front end engineering design
- detailed design
- design of transmission lines (overhead and underground)
- project, procurement, and construction management
- operations support
- asset management
- modification and compliance for brownfield upgrades.
Clients include transmission and distribution companies, and major industrial users of power in both urban and remote locations.
- HV substations, distribution & switchgear
- Switch rooms
- Network load flow modelling
- Transient analysis and system stability studies
- Fault level analysis and Arc Flash Evaluation
- Protection Studies (HV and LV)
- Transformer sizing & earthing systems
- Variable speed drives
- LV network design including switchgear, cabling & load modelling
- SCADA radio telemetry & controls
- Certified HV overhead line
- Underground services designers for regulated power utilities in NSW
Our extensive experience with high voltage asset management includes working with a variety of HV equipment and distribution networks operating at voltages of 6.6kV up to 275kV.
We have the capability and expertise to: model and assess complex distribution and reticulation networks, calculate fault levels and load flow, and analyse network protection.
We provide comprehensive arc flash risk analysis, protection and mitigation (using NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584 methods). We apply the arc flash protection requirements of AS/NZS3000 and AS/NZS3439.1 to switchboard and MCC designs.. We are able to assess existing HV and LV switchgear and provide retrofits to enhanced arc flash protection.