Torrens Island BMS Upgrade
GPA was appointed EPCM contractor for the BMS system upgrade project. The project involves the replacement of the Burner Management System (BMS) on the four B Station Boilers.
The upgrade included the following key aspects:
1. FEED & Concept reports
2. System audit and review
2. Total installed cost estimates
3. Project management
4. Detailed electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering
5. Type B appliance application/verification
6. Risk engineering
7. Functional Safety assessment and lifecycle management
8. Shutdown planning and execution
9. Construction management and Commissioning management
10. Mechanical design relating to oil, gas and steam piping and valves as well as burner front equipment modifications.