Uranquinty Power Station Upgrade
To bring a newly constructed power station (640MW, gas-fired) in line with operational and safety standards, we acted as owners’ engineers for the client and performed design verification, commissioning, and operational support duties.
As part of this project we assisted with:
- various plant optimisation FEEDs
- design verification & auditing
- MV & LV Power system modelling & protection equipment analysis
- station control system rationalisation & operability optimisation
- HV breaker inter-trip testing & unit transformer protection & controls
- design review
- electrical safety audits & risk assessments
- power system hazard & operability studies
- EPCM of new integrated demineralised water plant.
Our expertise in Australian Standards and regulations, coupled with our attention to detail, means that we have completed the multiple audits conducted over a number of years, accurately and efficiently.
A key challenge encountered during the Uranquinty Water Treatment Plant upgrade was confirming the precise maximum power load. GPA confidently determined that the upgrade would not increase the maximum power load above the limited available power capacity. This reduced the projects capital cost significantly as power augmentation was not required.