Electrical Design & Instrumentation
GPA is a leading provider of electrical design, instrumentation design, construction, testing and commissioning services.
GPA’s electrical and instrument department strives to translate process and operational requirements, into harmonised automation, control and monitoring solutions, which are both robust and cost-effective.
GPA places great importance on electrical safety, specialising in; Arc Flash Assessments, FEA analysis of HV earthing and networks and Fire System upgrades.
GPA has experience in the electrical design of a wide variety of HV equipment and distribution networks operating at voltages of 1kV up to 275kV. Our design capabilities include the ability to model and assess complex distribution and reticulation networks, calculate fault levels, load flow and analyse network protection.
GPA provides certification of equipment to meet the requirement of international standards for electric safety, such as NFPA, including; design, review and specification of equipment as well as site auditing and equipment inspections.
- HV distribution network design, including overhead/underground
- HV substation design & specification (Air and GIS)
- HV switchgear specification indoor & outdoor
- Switchroom design & specification (fixed & transportable)
- Substation audit & condition assessment
- Network load flow modelling
- Transient analysis & system stability studies
- Fault level analysis & arc flash evaluation
- Protection studies (HV & LV)
- Transformer sizing, specification & installation scopes (oil & dry)
- Earthing grid modelling, design & earthing system audits
- Earthing system condition assessments, testing & performance verification
- Static & dynamic reactive power support system design & specification
- Generator sizing for island, backup and embedded generation applications
- Lightning protection system design
- Harmonic analysis & active filtering
- Transient analysis & motor starting
- Variable speed drives: specification, installation & commissioning
- LV network design including switchgear, cabling, load modelling
- SCADA, radio telemetry & controls
- Hazard & operability studies, hazard risk assessments
- Burner management system
- Electrical shut down loop control
- AS3000 compliance
- Certified HV overhead line & underground services designers for regulated power utilities in NSW.
- Certification of equipment and assessment of standards equivalency across Australian, European and North American jurisdiction’s
- 3D CAD (CADWORX & Solidworks)
- CAESER pipe stress modelling software
- HYSYS steady state simulation
- HYSYS dynamic simulation
- INEL saphire reliability and risk modelling software suite
- Strand 7 – finite element analysis
- Powerpac pro, PowerCAD, ETap, SKM PTW - electrical design