GPA has been a specialist provider of Hazardous area compliance services since 1987 when the company was founded.
GPA has in depth knowledge and practical experience in hazardous area compliance including:
- hazardous area classification (explosive gas and dust atmospheres)
- auditing of equipment located in hazardous areas
- remediation of non-compliant electrical installations
- the creation of hazardous area dossiers.
GPA provides a full turn-key solution from classification through to a fully compliant facility including: design, equipment supply, installation, commissioning and dossier. We have provided hazardous area services in every state of Australia and have extensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements.
GPA has developed in-house software to compile documents of a Hazardous area dossier into an interactive PDF. This provides a seamless navigation of the dossier via hyperlinks and allows for the dossier to be easily updated with periodic inspection results.
- Application of regulatory requirements
- Methods of protection
- Classification of Hazardous areas, including plume dispersion modelling for hazardous materials
- Hazardous area equipment selection
- Hazardous area dossiers including development of inspection and maintenance schedules
- ANZEx, AUSEx and IECEx equipment certification schemes
- The use of equipment approved under EU Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX) in Australia
- Wiring systems acceptable for Hazardous area electrical installations.