HV Power Engineering
GPA has extensive involvement in high voltage asset management across a number of industries. We are highly aware of industry specific requirements, and offer solutions tailored to our clients’ needs.
GPA has experience with a wide variety of HV equipment and distribution networks operating at voltages of 6.6kV up to 132kV.
We are proud to say that we have design capabilities that include the ability to:
- model and assess complex distribution and reticulation networks
- identify fault levels
- calculate load flow
- analyse network protection.
- HV distribution network design, including overhead/underground
- HV substation design & specification (Air and GIS)
- HV switchgear specification indoor & outdoor
- Switchroom design & specification (fixed and transportable)
- Substation audit & condition assessment
- Network load flow modelling
- Transient analysis & system stability studies
- Fault level analysis & arc flash evaluation
- Protection studies (HV & LV)
- Transformer sizing, specification and installation scopes (oil & dry)
- Earthing grid modelling, design and earthing system audits
- Earthing system condition assessments, testing & performance verification
- Static and dynamic reactive power support system design & specification
- Generator sizing for island, backup & embedded generation applications.
- Design, specification & commissioning
- Lightning protection system design
- Harmonic analysis & active filtering
- Transient analysis & motor starting
- Variable speed drives: specification, installation and commissioning
- Hazard and operability studies, hazard risk assessments
- Arc flash risk analysis, protection and mitigation using NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584 methods
- Certified HV overhead line & underground services designers for regulated power utilities in NSW.
- Electrical Design Software: ETap, SKM Power Tools, Groundmat