Risk & Compliance
GPA is able to provide the full range of risk engineering services as part of its project execution offering, and has been delivering these services for over 20 years.
Our strength is in rigorous risk identification, practical assessment, and implementation of tangible mitigation measures that are appropriate to the risk and client operations.
Areas of risk services include:
- production plant facilities and personnel risk
- production/interruption to supply risk
- environmental release/damage and post hazardous event assessments.
We have significant practical experience in the application of risk assessment and functional safety in accordance with AS 61508/AS 61511. Our experienced people are TUV certified as Functional Safety Engineers.
Broad industry experience
We provide risk management and risk assessment services to the following sectors and industries:
- major infrastructure and power generation
- metals processing and refining (zinc, copper, lead)
- final products manufacturing
- road and rail transport systems
- LPG storage and reticulation
- natural gas pipeline, pipeline reticulation and gas compression
- upstream hydrocarbon gathering and process treatment
- uranium mining and processing
- materials and bulk handling
- water transport and handling
- wind and solar farms.
- System integrity & functional safety management
- Risk assessment facilitation ensuring safety-in-design compliance including HAZOPs, CHAZOPs, SIL Assessments & LOPA
- Safety requirement specifications developments for safety instrumented systems (SIS)
- Design verification for SIS using fault tree modelling software
- Validation and testing of SIS including FAT, commissioning and SAT
- Maintenance of SIS including change management, configuration management, proof testing & performance monitoring
- risk management and assessment activities (methodologies based on AS 4360, AS 2885, AS 2430, AS 61508 & AS 4024 requirements
- Independent auditors/facilitators.