GPA has provided engineering services to a variety of power generation and distribution projects throughout Australia.
The projects range from small internal combustion driven generator set installations at remote oil and gas facilities to gas turbine driven power stations up to 800 MW. In addition, GPA has provided a variety of engineering services to the wind generation industry and has designed many solar powered systems for remote data acquisition and control systems in the water and oil and gas industries.
GPA has provided the following design engineering services to the power generation industry.
- Gas conditioning and blending stations
- Gas and diesel supply systems modifications/expansions
- Instrumentation and control systems
- HV design including: substations, transformer sizing, switchgear, distribution, earthing and protection studies
- LV design including: MCC’s, switchgear, cabling and load modelling
- Balance of Plant utilities e.g. power, steam, water, compressed air design
- HAZOP, CHAZOP and SIL risk review facilitation
- Hazardous area reviews classification & certification audits/ inspection
- Delivery of EPCM & EPC services
- Operational support, auditing, troubleshooting and remedial works