HV/LV Electrical Engineer (Power and Renewable Energy) sought for full-time position at GPA Engineering’s Darwin office.
GPA supports a wide range of projects focusing on wind and solar farms, battery energy storage, and conventional generation, with broader opportunities including water/wastewater, oil and gas, mining and transmission/distribution substations. Our services to these projects range from conceptual and detailed design to technical due diligence and Owner’s Engineer.
The role of HV/LV Electrical Engineer in the team provides HV electrical engineering input to these projects and provides leadership support including project management of small- to medium-sized projects, construction and commissioning support. This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact in Darwin and the Northern Territory. We are looking for a professional who can provide robust technical input to projects based on experience and a strong understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals.
Typical Role Activities/Requirements:
- HV/LV design including layouts, switchboard ratings, cable sizing;
- Development of specifications at the project and equipment level;
- Working knowledge of power systems protection and SCADA systems;
- Technical due diligence;
- Project management of small to medium sized consulting projects;
- Providing leadership in Safety-in-Design (SID) and fulfilling legislative requirements in SID;
- Coordinating with various disciplines including Civil/Structural, Protection, Drafting and Control Systems;
- Undertaking short-term site visits and/or off-site secondment according to business needs;
- Preparing proposals and contributing to business development for the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical or Electronic Engineering) or Equivalent;
- Chartered Professional Engineer;
- 5-10 years post-graduate experience;
- Experience in HV and LV Electrical Engineering from conceptual detailed design in renewable power, traction power, water/wastewater and other industries;
- Experience in client facing roles, ability to provide robust advice and support design projects through clear communication of project status, issues and risks.
Applicants should address each of the above in their application.
Submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity and encourages applications from women and Indigenous Australians.