Civil / Structural Engineer sought for a full-time permanent position in GPA’s Adelaide office
This is an exciting opportunity to join a long-standing national engineering group as a Civil/ Structural Engineer in a role that is based in Adelaide.
GPA is a privately owned Australian company operating since 1987 with offices around Australia. We deliver multi-disciplinary developments for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects of all sizes. GPA are looking for a motivated individual to join our Civil/ Structural team.
Reporting directly to the Principal Civil/ Structural Engineer, the responsibilities of this engineering role would include (but not limited to):
- Design, modelling and analysis of structural system from foundations to support structures (concrete, steel, timber, etc)
- Condition assessment of steel and concrete structures
- Engaging in a diverse range of projects for major clients within the hydrocarbons, water, power, renewable, ports/material handling, defence, metals and mining sectors
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications, recognized in Australia
- Chartered Engineer (or sufficient experience to obtain)
- 1-5 years’ experience in a Civil Structural Engineering role in Mining, Oil & Gas or similar industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using Structural Software (Space Gass, Mircostran, Limcon, Strand 7, etc.)
- Civil design including drainage, earthworks and roadworks will be an advantage
- Familiarity with drafting software will be highly regarded (AutoCAD, Advance Steel, Revit, Civil 3D, etc.)
- Familiar with AS1170, AS1657, AS3600, AS4100, and AS5100 and similar standards
What’s on Offer:
- Very attractive salary package
- Experienced, vibrant and collaborative team environment
- Career development/ progression with industry specific training, offering the ability to expand your knowledge and experience, working closely with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to collaborate and deliver your expertise in a team based professional environment, committed to delivering the highest quality and to work on some of SA’s most exciting projects
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA is committed to maintaining a workforce with meaningful equity and diversity, as well as a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply for this position.
Applicants should address the above in their application.
Submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.