Automation / SCADA Engineer sought to join the team in GPA’s Adelaide Office.
We are seeking a highly motivated Automation / SCADA Engineer with 2-10 years’ engineering experience to join our friendly and supportive team in Adelaide. As a consultant engineer you will be great at building relationships, a good communicator and will deliver a high standard of customer service to your internal and external clients.
You must have proven experience in major vendor technologies (including Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens), configuring, programming and integrating automation and control equipment across a variety of industries and a demonstrated understanding of applicable standards, codes, best practices and how to apply these. You’ll be a logical and critical thinker with great attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills and technical calculation abilities.
To be successful in this position you will have completed a Bachelor or Masters in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems Engineering or similar and be working towards your Chartered status, if not already achieved. You must have a legal entitlement to work in Australia and be able to obtain necessary security clearances if required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- System design & specification across the full automation hardware/software technology stack (with a functional understanding of ISA95)
- Development of functional description documentation for Automation/SCADA systems
- Implementation of industrial networking solutions (specify, test & commission)
- Automation platform programming (Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens PLC’s)
- RTU programming
- Communications system configuration (Narrowband/wideband radio, microwave, LTE, etc.)
- SCADA programming (iFix, Citect, Ignition, ClearSCADA)
- IoT network and device configuration (LoRaWAN, NB-IoT, 5G, etc.)
- Automation/SCADA system FAT, SAT & commissioning
- Automation/SCADA system troubleshooting (including provision of operational support)
- Working with a keen awareness of industry and client specific Cybersecurity standards
- Working collaboratively with a multidiscipline team
GPA Engineering is a highly experienced, multidisciplinary engineering and management firm delivering engineering, procurement and construction management services for over 30 years. We develop, engineer and implement industrial scale projects across the oil & gas, defence, water treatment & distribution, mining & minerals, power generation & distribution, renewable energy and hydrogen sectors. With a commitment to providing quality assurance and maintaining environmental integrity, our people are highly qualified and additionally possess expertise to advise on project and risk management.
We are Australian-owned with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin and Perth, supporting clients wherever they are located including rural or remote Australia, or overseas.
Why join us?
We are a diverse, motivated and curious team aligned under our values of teamwork, integrity, quality, safety and sustainability. We work collaboratively whilst harnessing and developing our individual strengths. We aspire to empower and support our nearly 300 employees to reach their full potential, to take on challenges and grow through experience, training, coaching and development. GPA offers a great range of employee benefits including opportunities for work travel, paid parental leave, an active social club, structured career progression, flexibility and loads more, coupled with a great city office location.
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA is committed to maintaining a workforce with meaningful equity and diversity, as well as a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply for this position.
Applicants should address the above in their application.
Submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.