Software Engineer sought for a full-time permanent position at GPA Engineering’s Adelaide office
Your future at GPA…
Join our highly experienced, multidisciplinary engineering and management firm who has delivered engineering, procurement and construction management services across Australia for over 30 years.
Working with an industry leader for some major clients, you will be involved in developing, engineering and implementing industrial scale projects across the oil & gas, defence, water treatment & distribution, mining & minerals, power generation & distribution, renewable energy and hydrogen sectors.
Why we love it!
Our team of nearly 300 employees are diverse, motivated and curious individuals aligned under our values of teamwork, integrity, quality, safety and sustainability. We work collaboratively whilst harnessing and developing our individual strengths. GPA empowers us to reach our full potential, take on challenges and grow through experience, training, coaching and development. GPA offers a great range of employee benefits including opportunities for work travel, paid parental leave, an active social club, structured career progression, flexibility and loads more; coupled with a great city fringe office location.
As a result of continuous company growth, GPA is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our extensive team. Your responsibilities will include designing, enhancing and maintaining a range of in-house software as well as project scoping and end to end software development for various clients within the industrial sector.
- Minimum of 2 years and up to 8 years proven technical experience
- Australian recognised degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated recent experience in the development of software applications using Visual Studio, C# and SQL Server
- Entity Framework and LINQ
- Version control (TFS or GIT)
- High level of attention to detail and documentation writing
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and develop solutions
- Knowledge of SCADA Systems
- Experience in the industrial sector
- Linux & its shell environment
- .NET Core 2
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA are committed to maintaining a workforce with meaningful equity and diversity, as well as a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply for this position.
Applicants should address each of the above in their application.
Submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.