As a result of continuous company growth, GPA is looking for experienced and motivated electrical and or instrumentation tradespeople with an interest in transitioning their careers towards professional services to join their growing EIC team as a Technical Officer with multiple opportunities existing across their Adelaide, Brisbane & Perth Offices.
Suitable Candidates must possess:
- Minimum requirement for completion of year 12 & trade level qualification with 2-3 years post trade experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- Highly motivated and works well both independently and within a team
- High level of attention to detail & possess a genuine interest in pursuing a technical engineering career
- Strong technical understanding of general electrical, instrumentation and controls principals
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Experience in the construction and commissioning of electrical, instrumentation, and control systems
- Heavy industry experience, preferably in oil & gas or mining sectors
- Willingness to travel and work on site when required
Suitable Candidates may possess (not essential but highly regarded):
- Qualification and experience in Hazardous Area inspection and auditing
- Experience in client facing or project management
- Experience with AutoCAD, Micro Station or Smart Plant
- Experience in technical design and specification
- Experience with programming / configuring different PLC & SCADA platforms
- An understanding of Functional Process Safety and Machine Guarding
- Have completed, currently underway, or willing to engage in further study such as a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
GPA is a highly experienced and respected consulting engineering group providing engineering services to Australia’s heavy industries since 1987 with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin. GPA delivers single disciplinary projects through to large multidisciplinary developments for either Greenfield or Brownfield operations from small projects to designing entire plants and facilities.
GPA provides the opportunity to engage in a diverse range of projects for major clients within the hydrocarbons, water, power and mining sectors. GPA offers the ability to expand your knowledge and experience, working closely with seasoned professionals with extensive experience.
Our team of nearly 300 employees are diverse, motivated and inquisitive individuals aligned under our values of teamwork, integrity, quality, safety and sustainability. We work collaboratively whilst harnessing and developing our individual strengths. GPA empowers us to reach our full potential, take on challenges and grow through experience, training, coaching and development.
GPA offers a great range of employee benefits including training opportunities, career progression, paid parental leave, an active social club, and work flexibility more; coupled with a great city fringe office location.
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA is committed to maintaining a workforce with meaningful equity and diversity, as well as a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply for this position.
Applicants should address the above in their application.
Submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.