Giving back to the community
We recognise the importance of giving back to the communities in which we operate. Our people are actively involved in the community on a number of levels: industry, tertiary and locally (in the states in which we are based).
Supporting Australian universities
We support a number universities by:
- Providing sponsorship for university events and final year projects
- Presenting to final year engineering students
- Providing work experience opportunities for engineering students in their penultimate years
- Providing sponsorship to the University of Adelaide Motorsport Team, as a founding sponsor
Supporting local communities
We give back to local communities by:
- Sponsoring sporting teams
- Providing equipment to emergency services
- Sponsoring a wide range of staff initiatives in the community
- Providing work experience to year 11 students interested in engineering
- Operating the GPA Andrew Ursini Charitable Trust through which money is raised for cancer research via staff and company donations, and fundraising events
GPA charitable fund
Named to honour the memory of a past GPA Engineering Director, the GPA Andrew Ursini Charitable Trust, was founded in 2011, to build a source of perpetual funds to assist charities in Australia.
The fund was created by the principals of GPA Engineering to act as the vehicle through which the company and its employees could donate money, time, goods and services, in a structured manner, for the wellbeing of the community.
Regular contributions to the trust are made by GPA Engineering, its staff, and through fundraising initiatives. GPA staff actively support the work of the fund.