GPA has strived to be a key player in the development of the hydrogen industry in Australia.
We have experience across a diverse portfolio of hydrogen projects, from regulatory and technical reviews, decarbonisation and feasibility studies to consulting and detailed design.
GPA understands that the energy market is under transformation, the wide spread adoption of renewable generation and decarbonisation targets create urgency in developing sustainable energy solutions.
Hydrogen as a fuel offers great potential and GPA has strived to be at the forefront of the hydrogen industry within Australia. We understand the benefits this sustainable energy source can offer for Australia and the world.
Our team has expert understanding of Australia’s gas and power distribution networks, with direct involvement in current hydrogen industry projects, Australian Standards and research and development. We are well equipped to advise clients on a range of current issues such as renewable energy, gas network injection and blending, and hydrogen as fuel, feedstock or energy source.
The GPA team combines technical expertise with a methodical engineering approach to deliver hydrogen consulting services, incorporating research and industry involvement. GPA are an active contributor to the Future Fuels CRC and are part of the Standards Australia working group for the development of technical standards for hydrogen technologies. We have authored reports, which are part of and were referenced in the National Hydrogen Strategy and are a member of HySafe (The International Association for Hydrogen Safety).
- Our Services
- Strategic project development advice
- Domestic and international market studies
- Feasibility and concept studies
- Techno-economic modelling
- Regulatory framework review and analysis
- Technical reviews including hydrogen embrittlement, material compatibility and end-use impacts
- Facility FEED and detailed design – Facilities, Refueling, Injection, Storage, Transport, Conversion
- Technology selection – Electrolysis systems, Fuel Cells, Microturbines, Hydrogen Storage and Transport
- Hydrogen facility modelling and quantitative risk assessment
- Hydrogen blast and radiation modelling
- Hazardous area classification and compliance
- Construction, commissioning and operational support