HyP SA named 2020 Australian Engineering Excellence Award winner
GPA is proud to announce HyP SA has been named a South Australian winner for the Engineers Australia 2020 Australian Engineering Excellence Awards.
The HyP SA project is leading the way for the introduction of green hydrogen to existing gas networks within Australia, a process that reduces carbon emissions. GPA completed the detailed design of the facility, as well as equipment specification and selection, procurement, construction and commissioning support.
The Excellence Award celebrates the success of the facility development with project partners Australian Gas Infrastructure Group (AGIG) and Valmec. GPA wish to congratulate all involved, particularly our hard working project team.
HyP SA Hydrogen Production and Injection Facility was a contender amongst several impressive projects. Five award winners were announced during the Engineers Australia online awards ceremony held on September 16.
South Australian 2020 winners are:
- Darlington Upgrade Project – Bridge Construction Innovation – Gateway South
- GPO Exchange – Adelaide’s Smartest Commercial Office Building – Meld Strategies
- Hornsdale Power Reserve – Aurecon
- HyP SA Hydrogen Production and Injection Facility – GPA Engineering, Valmec Limited, Australian Gas Networks Limited (Australian Gas Infrastructure Group)
- Super-efficient CO2 Refrigeration Integrated with Phase Change Energy Storage (Sir William Hudson Award Finalist) – University of South Australia, Glaciem Cooling Technologies