Member of SCADA Panel
GPA has completed projects via an estimated 250 separate contracts with SA Water, United Water, AllWater and SA Water Constructors. In total GPA has designed / installed / upgraded / configured / commissioned an estimated 600 individual sites throughout metropolitan and regional South Australia for SA Water.
Throughout this time, GPA has been engaged in projects varying in size and scope from process control network and SCADA replacements at water and waste water treatment plants to the installation of solar powered remote telemetry cabinets in remote areas. Some major projects completed by GPA include;
- Christies Beach Water Treatment E&I upgrade. To meet increased demand due to an increasing population, SA Water undertook a $300m upgrade of the Christies Beach Wastewater Treatment Plant. The instrumentation and controls component of the project involved the complete replacement of the existing plant process control system, process instrumentation and site communications infrastructure.
- Eyre Peninsula SCADA Upgrade Project. GPA designed a new radio network, installed RTUs and digital radios and commissioned radio base stations at remote sites. GPA was also responsible for the upgrade of the control system of the Port Lincoln Wastewater Treatment Plant to an Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC, supply and install of new HMI interfaces, and modification of the iFIX servers to include diagnostics for the new telemetry system.
- Morgan Whyalla Pipeline SCADA Upgrade. GPA performed an upgrade to the water transmission pipeline SCADA and RTU’s.
- Yorke Peninsula digital radio upgrade. Established new digital radio network. Upgrade Northern town sites from PSTN and analog radio to digital
- Bolivar and Waste Water Treatment Plant Hazardous Area. Upgrade of control and electrical equipment, Hazardous Area Remediation, Upgrade Implementation.
GPA has been supporting SA Water’s automation systems over the past 15 years and has been highly successful in consistently delivering SCADA and Controls projects and Operations Support services.