GPA is a leading provider of electrical design, construction, testing and commissioning services.
GPA’s electrical design group are industry leaders in the provision of electrical engineering services across a broad range of industries including power generation, defence, minerals and mining, oil and gas, renewables and heavy industry. GPA prides its self in the delivery of practical, constructible, detailed design solutions which are fit for purpose, robust and cost-effective.
GPA’s has extensive track record in delivering complex brownfields and greenfields electrical design, installation and commissioning solutions. GPA places great importance on electrical safety, with specialist services in arc flash assessments, lightning system, earthing systems and protection audits. GPA also has extensive capability in managing and accessing risk utilising specialist processes and tools (HAZCON, HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA & FMICA).
Our electrical team has extensive expertise working in partnership with switchboard and electro technology OEMs to deliver turnkey solutions where required. Our engineers are experienced at switchboard and switchgear, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, as well as detailed inspections and compliance audits.
GPA have specialist expertise in generator and multi-source power changeover systems, as well as integration of renewables including wind and solar. We have extensive knowledge in the specification, sizing, design, construction and commissioning of generators, solar and Battery Energy Storage (BESS) systems both as grid connected and microgrid hybrid systems.
GPA are specialists in cross border certification of equipment to meet the requirements of international standards for electric safety. This includes but is not limited to; NFPA, CSA, IEC & BS, our services include design, review and specification of equipment as well as site auditing and equipment inspections.
GPA has experience in HV Power Engineering and the electrical design of a wide variety of electrical equipment and distribution networks operating at voltages of 1kV up to 275kV.
- Distribution network design
- Switchboards and Motor Control Centre specification and design
- Electrical Equipment Rooms / Switchroom design and specification (Fixed & Transportable)
- Detailed wiring design including schematic, termination and fabrication drawings
- AS/NZS 3000 audit and condition assessment
- Transient analysis, motor starting and system stability studies
- Network load flow, fault level analysis, protection studies
- Arc Flash Risk Assessment, training and remediation
- Transformer sizing, specification and installation scopes (Oil & Dry)
- Earthing system modelling, design, condition assessments, testing and performance verification
- Static and dynamic reactive power support system design and specification
- Harmonic analysis and active filtering
- Generator sizing for island, backup, microgrid and embedded generation applications
- Solar system design for ground mounted fixed tilt, single axis tracking, dual axis tracking, rollout ballast and rooftop mounting technologies
- Central or distributed inverter system specifications and optimised Solar PV string arrangements
- Battery Energy Storage (BESS) for remote area and stand alone system, critical backup systems and grid connected system
- Hybrid Energy System modelling for CAPEX and OPEX analysis
- Lightning protection system design
- Variable speed drives: specification, installation and commissioning
- Lighting systems design and audit (Indoor and outdoor applications)
- DC Systems, battery chargers, critical backup and island power systems
- Certification of equipment and assessment of standards equivalency across Australian, European and North American jurisdictions
- Electrical Design Software:
- SKM Power Tools
- HOMER Pro
- Powerpac pro