Renewable & Micro grid
GPA have demonstrable and extensive experience working within the renewable power industry. From solar farms, wind farms and hydrogen to energy storage and hybrid micro grid systems, we offer innovative, sustainable, reliable and efficient solutions.
Our expertise in renewables has developed from frequently servicing solar farms and wind farms, remote solar powered facilities (for oil & gas, and water industries), and biogas & biofuel processing facilities. We continue to expand on services provided as renewable energy sources and technologies evolve.
GPA have extensive experience in the engineering and delivery of hybrid micro grid power systems utilising conventional and renewable technologies to deliver reliable cost effective and highly efficient solutions, which exceed client expectations.
GPA has also provided functional safety, risk assessment, type B compliance and hazardous area compliance services as part of major upgrade projects at numerous hybrid renewable energy power stations across Australia.
GPA can assist with:
- Concept and detailed design
- Construction management and constructability reviews
- HV utility negotiation and management
- Risk engineering (HAZCON, HAZOP, Safety in Design)
- Owner’s engineer and superintendent services
- Regulatory approvals
GPA recognises renewable energies as a vital part of Australia’s heavy industry and is excited at the possibilities created hybrid micro grid systems.
- Compliance standards
- Capital planning/asset management
- HV connections
- Transient analysis & system stability studies
- Fault level analysis & arc flash evaluation
- Protection studies (HV and LV
- Earthing systems
- SCADA, radio telemetry & controls
- Hazard & operability studies
- Hazard risk assessments
- Design of civil works for site developments inclusive of bulk earthworks, drainage & ponds
- Design modelling & analysis of structural systems
- Foundations to super-structures
GPA can assist with risk assessment facilitation of renewable energy sites including: hazard operability studies (HAZOPs), controls hazard operability studies (CHAZOPs), safety integrity level (SIL) assessments, and layer of protection analysis (LOPA).
Our team can provide specialist advice on functional safety management for wind farms and solar farms, energy storage and hybrid micro grid systems.
GPA is extensively experienced in civil and structural design and construction; we have the knowhow to develop renewable energy site facilities that are transportable and adaptable, allowing for modifications to existing structures and hybrid micro grid systems.