GPA has extensive experience in high voltage power engineering and asset management across a number of industries.
GPA has been providing HV power engineering solutions for over 30 years, our wide reaching power systems knowledge base is continually evolving to be at the forefront of industry. GPA has delivered complex power generation, transmission and distribution projects across the utilities, oil and gas, mining, water and waste water, renewables, defence, ports and materials handling sectors.
We are highly aware of industry specific requirements, and offer HV power engineering solutions tailored to client needs. Our clients range from those seeking large-scale power network solutions to the high voltage powering of on-site machinery.
GPA has experience on both greenfields and brownfields power projects spanning regulated, non-regulated industrial and renewable infrastructure, new grid connections, as well as significant experience in conventional thermal and hybrid renewable power generation. Our broad knowledge base spans the specification, sizing, design, construction and commissioning of generators, solar and Battery Energy Storage (BESS) systems both as grid connected and microgrid hybrid systems.
GPA’s extensive experience in high voltage system design includes working with a variety of HV equipment and power distribution networks operating at voltages of 1kV up to 275kV.
Our HV power engineering services include:
- Concept and Feasibility Studies
- Front End Engineering Design and Detailed Design (Primary & Secondary)
- Full EPCM services delivery including integrated Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, and Construction Management
- Commissioning and Testing Management
- Operational Support and Troubleshooting
- Asset Management, Shutdown Planning and Management
- Asset Life Extension, Compliance and Condition Assessments and Audits
- Energy efficiency and energy management strategy
- Network strategy and planning
- New grid connections, utility (TSP/DSP) engagement and management
- Regulated network requirements, AEMO, NEM, ESCOSA regulation and compliance
- Non-regulated embedded networks and microgrids, conventional thermal and hybrid renewable
- Network modelling to meet AEMO requirements for load flow, fault level, RMS/ EMT studies and grid
- Energy advisory for new connections, energy contracts and optimisation of existing connections
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (HAZCON, HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA & FMICA)
High voltage services are undertaken to quality standards, with a priority on safety. GPA also has complementary related services including functional safety, type B compliance and hazardous area compliance as part of major upgrade projects at numerous power generation projects across Australia.
- HV distribution network design, including overhead /underground (1kV up to 275kV)
- HV substation primary design and specification (Air and GIS)
- HV switchgear specification indoor and outdoor
- Switch room design and specification (Fixed and Transportable)
- Network fault level analysis and load flow modelling
- Transient analysis and system stability studies
- Arc Flash Risk Assessment, training and remediation
- Grading and Protection Studies
- Transformer sizing, specification and installation scopes (Oil and Dry)
- Earthing grid design, modelling and earthing system condition assessments
- Static and dynamic reactive power support system specification and design (STACOM & SVG)
- Generator sizing for island, backup, microgrid and embedded generation applications.
- Design, specification and commissioning
- Regulated network connections AEMO and NEM regulatory requirements and compliance
- Generator performance standard studies (EMT & RMS)
- Lightning protection system design and insulation co-ordination studies
- Power quality, harmonic analysis and active filtering
- Transient motor starting analysis
- IEC 61850 Protection and Control
- Power system SCADA, Radio telemetry and controls
- Large scale solar system modelling for varying mounting technologies and inverter configurations
- Battery Energy Storage (BESS) for remote area and standalone system, critical backup systems and grid connected system
- Hybrid Energy System modelling for CAPEX and OPEX analysis
- Electrical Design Software:
- SKM Power Tools
- HOMER Pro