GPA have designed and delivered Instrumentation and Process Control systems to heavy industries for over 30 years.
GPA’s instrument and controls department strives to translate process and operational requirements, into harmonised automation, control and monitoring solutions, which are both robust and cost-effective.
GPA’s has vast experience in installation and commissioning delivering instrumentation and analytical solutions for a range of industries including renewable energy, power generation and distribution, water, mining and minerals processing and oil and gas (Onshore & Offshore).
As an Integrated Systems Engineering solution provider, GPA has designed, developed and upgraded systems implemented across a range of technology platforms from legacy hardware and software to the emerging technologies of Industry 4.0.
GPA combines the multi-disciplinary context for Process Control with the technical capability for instrumentation and control system development to produce targeted solutions relevant to each client and each industry. GPA’s vendor agnostic “best-of-breed” approach for hardware and software selection ensures that the client receives a solution tailored to the needs of their operation and their business.
GPA have specialist expertise in generator and multi-source power changeover systems, as well as integration of renewables including wind and solar. We have extensive knowledge in the specification, sizing, design, construction and commissioning of generators, solar and Battery Energy Storage (BESS) systems both as grid connected and microgrid hybrid systems.
With a team of industry experts, GPA can extend the value of our Process Control System implementations with analytics, process optimisation and business efficiency solutions.
- Instrument Design and Specification
- Advanced Process Control, Analytics and Process Optimisation
- Process Functional Safety, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Emergency Shutdown Systems
- Machine Safeguarding
- Hazardous Area Design
- Burner Management System and Type B Compliance
- PLC and Automation System Design
- Design of SCADA, Wireless/Radio Telemetry and Controls
- Industrial Networking and Cybersecurity
- Gas Pressure Regulating Metering Stations (PRMS) and Compression
- Power and water custody transfer and fiscal metering
- Renewable and hybrid power system controls design
- Generator and multi-source changeover system controls design
- ELV design including power supplies, cabling, load modelling
- UPS, critical battery backup systems and remote/solar applications
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (SID, HAZCON, HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA and FMICA)
- Fire detection and suppression systems
- CCTV, security and access control systems
- Dust and airborne pollutant monitor systems
- Variable Speed Drives: configuration and commissioning
- Site commissioning, field testing and verification
- Auditing of legacy control and instrumentation systems
- Automation Controllers
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix
- CompactLogix & Micrologix PLC
- Modicon Quantum
- Modicon M580/M340 ePAC
- Klockner Moeller
- GE Fanuc
- Safety PLCs
- Modicon M580 Safety
- PILZ Safety Controllers
- Preventa Safety PLC
- Simatic PCS 7
- Configuration Packages
- HART communication packages