GPA has extensive heavy industry experience in civil and structural design.
- Concept and scoping studies
- Detailed engineering design and drafting of structural systems from foundations to superstructure (concrete, steel, timber etc.)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of structures
- Design documentation for structures in general
- Onsite audits, assessment and analysis of existing structures
- Structural material evaluation including coordination of material testing (soils, concrete and steel)
- Heavy lifting plans design and review
- Certification and compliance of structures
- Constructability reviews and construction support
- Pre-demolition inspection and guidance
- Microstran/Space Gass – structural engineering software
- Strand 7 – Finite Element Analysis software
- Limcon – design software for a range of steel connection types
- STK, Structural Toolkit – structural engineering calculations
- Vehicle Tracking
- Civil 3D
GPA specialises in providing cost effective solutions for a high volume of small to medium sized projects in greenfield and brownfield sites, including significant civil and structural design, assessment and recovery of existing structures and facilities.
GPA have completed civil and structural engineering projects across several heavy industries including, mining and minerals processing, oil and gas, and agriculture.
Civil and structural experience includes:
- Portal framed structures
- Transportable and skid fabricated equipment
- Foundations systems (steel and concrete)
- Structural integrity reviews and assessment
- Reinforcement and modification of existing structures
GPA is experienced in running integrity inspections, analysis, assessment and reporting of different type of facilities, including steel, concrete and timber structures. GPA frequently develop maintenance and structural recovery programs for existing structures and facilities.