GPA has extensive experience delivering complex power transmission and power distribution projects across the heavy industry sectors.
GPA has been providing power engineering solutions for over 30 years, specialising in providing cost effective solutions for small to medium sized projects within brownfield sites, as well as significant power station experience.
Our range of services power distribution and transmission services, include: :
- conceptual and feasibility studies
- strategic planning
- front end engineering design
- detailed design
- design of transmission lines (overhead and underground)
- project, procurement, and construction management
- operations support
- asset management
- modification and compliance for brownfield upgrades.
Our clients include power transmission and power distribution companies, and major industrial users of power in both urban and remote locations.
We have provided functional safety, risk assessment, type B compliance and hazardous area compliance services as part of major upgrade projects at numerous coal and gas-fired power stations across Australia.
GPA also has capabilities in Australian Energy Market (AEMO) GPS modelling, providing simulations to network requirements.
- HV substations, distribution & switchgear
- Switch rooms
- Network load flow modelling
- Transient analysis and system stability studies
- Fault level analysis and Arc Flash Evaluation
- Protection Studies (HV and LV)
- Transformer sizing & earthing systems
- Variable speed drives
- LV network design including switchgear, cabling & load modelling
- SCADA radio telemetry & controls
- Certified HV overhead line
- Underground services designers for regulated power utilities in NSW
GPA’s extensive experience in high voltage asset management includes working with a variety of HV equipment and power distribution networks operating at voltages of 1kV up to 275kV.
We have the power engineering capability and expertise to model and assess complex power distribution and reticulation networks, calculate fault levels and load flow, and analyse network protection.
GPA provide comprehensive arc flash risk analysis, protection and mitigation (using NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584 methods) for power engineering projects. The arc flash protection requirements of AS/NZS3000 and AS/NZS3439.1 are applied to switchboard and MCC designs. GPA are also able to assess existing HV and LV switchgear and provide retrofits to enhanced arc flash protection.